Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas Party


Some of my friends in Charleston and I decided to get together right before xmas and play dress up with our little ones. We put them in their Christmas outfits and attempted to get a picture of all of them together. Mati was absolutely intrigued by the Christmas tree and shiny ornaments. We havent put ours up yet, and she was too little to remember from last year. I couldnt keep her away! Every time I turned around, she had another ornament off the tree. After several scoldings, she finally started to listen... reluctantly. This is her "I'm not touching the ornaments" face. She can be a stinker, but its so cute! Very difficult to put on a stern face when she looks at me like that.


But, eventually, we all gave in and let them hold ornaments in hopes that they would stand still long enough for us to get a picture. Mati really wanted to share her ornament with baby Lainie.


Thanks again to digital photographs, we were able to get a shot of all the kids sitting and at least facing the general direction of the camera. 3 of us were taking photos, and I think this might be one of the only good ones we got. I had to photoshop Angela's hand out of the picture, which you can still see a little of. She was directing the children while the rest of us were shooting frantically for a good photo.


I meet with these moms and kidos on a pretty regular basis for "play dates." Although, they might be play dates for us as much as for our kids! It is so wonderful to have friends in the same stage of life to get together with. I am so thankful to have them! It made the transition to living here so much easier.

1 comment:

  1. The "I'm not touching the ornaments" face... reminds me a bit of "Uncle".

    ReplyDelete